Tuesday 5 August 2014

Play Me a Sad Song



Play me a sad song


Play me a sad song,
Fill up these jars with the streaming of blood flowing down my cheeks,
Cut open my veins let every drop of red drench the beast’s mouths in satisfaction of his thirst in this liquidated disguise,
Unchain my heart; feed it to his abrasive servants so I the pleasant don’t feel any abdominal pain on my last beat,
Let them dwell in excitement as my every limb is laid down, the night of the feast, to recuperate their fore fathers in my poetic genes.

Play me a sad song,
Tell the woman, who bore me not to lose strength in my abhorrent passing,
Let her soul regain happiness through this sad song for I wish to mourn my own death in a harmonious way.
Keep dry her tears,
Ease her pain and rather let her running water wash away every abiding memory she has of me,
Give her an excursion to my last breathe,
Expose my blood stains but let her save her baleful intentions for her own passing.

Play me a sad song,
Let my friends celebrate my life like the night I lost my conscience,
Let the last bottle be spilled to the surface as the rounds circulate to the next friendship vow.
Let them not remember the bad but the good I brought in them,
Let them treasure every memory they have of me so we can meet again on obit’s last rotation.

Play me a sad song,
Let those I have erred find salvation in the last limb the beast has of me,
Let the tent outside my mother’s house ablaze my choleric enemies with excitement,
Let my barbarous death be spoken of on every dining table before sunset,
Let the Government Issue awareness campaigns now that I’m gone instead of before,
Let the world become a better place without me.

Play me a sad song,
Let the beast be condemned for taking my life,
Let him stutter my name in different tongues till the mole in him is baffled,
Let him pound his head against torture till he is concussed,
Let him wish back from his conniving ways to the day he was born,
Let my life be re-lived through his suffering.

Play me a sad song,
Let it be audible to my last comfort for me to hear,
Play me this final sad song,
Let those who seek vengeance find peace in this song.

By: Ts Mashile






No comments:

Post a Comment