Tuesday 26 January 2016

Flashbacks

We were entities once,
The spheres in both eyes carried the world in its core,
Our future looked less of dynamites.
We walked through rocked edges,
With our toes pinpointed to crystals.

We have dug past diamonds,
Exploited minerals,
To hold still the future,
Carried our sun past havoc,
Confusion, mayhems,
Yet remained stationary as the wind blew along with the hail,

We reflected one another past each other’s walls,
We were humanitarians back then,
Possessed peace in our sleep,
Brought nature to a halt,
Reviewed to find a purpose for our heavy breathing;

Now I walk into retail,
Everything has become of your nature.

The teddy bear owns your eyes,
The cashiers carry your smile,
Soundtrack overflows with your joy,
The nest of roses dwells in your fragrance,
I reminisce on irreplaceable moments spent on back scrubs, and foam play,
The bottle of pain killers reminds me of the midnight run to the filling station,
The pillow cases held memories of all the tears I tumble-dried;

I live in presentiments now,
How I thought there was a missing Bishop on my board,
When it was essentially her,
My Queen;
I have lost myself in the eclipse of her true skies.

By: Ts Mashile

No comments:

Post a Comment