Tuesday 26 January 2016

House Ten

Enormous clouds pierced down my soul,
Light eyes sparkled back my heavens,
Dent knees shoved crowded skies open,
Old recurring prayers met its decimal;
You my angel had finally touched my Heavens.

I remembered how we first met,
How our eyes discretely locked for no one to decrypt,
How back and forth our hearts paced through the bookshelves,
How words were brought meaning through us;
You taught me how to master the art of handling a woman,
How to seize her body,
Weak point and flaws,

I remembered the four corners,
How shallow they were before your presence was true,
How my echoes carried me through sleepless nights,
How victimized tears flooded its roots, and pillow cases,
How the melancholy of quiet streams, seagulls would set me awake.

I remembered the end of us,
How words became meaningless,
How hate became binding, and consuming,
How broken mirrors, a missing Chess piece,
Lingered with our existence,
How a white Bishop was the only witness to what we had;
Because when our tears engaged,
Tongues lost strength.
 By: Ts Mashile



No comments:

Post a Comment