Friday 17 January 2014

Love You’ve Let Die Out

Love You’ve Let Die Out

I love you
Those were the only words which kept our love from sinking
That was before our love drowned in our tears
Tears caused by heartbreaks
Heartbreaks caused by rumors
Rumors caused by the third companion you’ve let in our relationship.

As a juvenile lover
I have always dreamt of being trapped in a love nest
With a woman who would be mesmerized by the bleeding of my heart
Fascinated by the invisible colored liquid my eyes release by the sight of her
Astonished by heat I encounter as we awake from the same bed
Fair as dreams do become true
I have sought to live my dream in a perfect world.

Now that my days have vanished in the mist of my past
I have finally been given the opportunity, not any opportunity but one
To fall in love with a woman
A woman with blue born eyes, the ocean has nothing on her
Eyes so bright like stars I could clearly see my own reflection
If I had adequate ink and paper
I’d mumble every fine word just to describe her lips
But then… That is another one reason why my heart kept beating
Her laughter so clear and audible
I could feel heaven shake as she whispers the three unforgettable words in my willing ears
Her skin so soft and tender I would slightly move my face down and forth her spotless arm
It is clear dead cells and germs aren’t welcomed there
Except for two cheering love birds singing a symphony.

Loved and crashed
Dreams I had as a juvenile child has come to an end
I thought a relationship was for two, third a sin
I guess those two cheering love birds are not welcomed anymore
Instead
Germs which you spread as you spontaneously exchange lips with the new companion hoping the same chemical reaction would occur as you kiss, forgetting… I mean forgetting
I am a different form of an element
My dream was to have children with eyes I fell in love with.

My gullible heart is now broken
Dreams shattered
You have let our love die out
The bond we had has been broken by another man’s lips giving out an output which clearly changed the way you felt about me
I now realize I was too gullible to believe in cupid
But it is clear the spear which shook my heart was Shakespeare.

By: TS Mashile.

No comments:

Post a Comment