Friday 28 March 2014

Death



Death

You and I were born and groomed
We grew and learned
Been hurt but yet forgiven those who trespassed against us
But could we ever forgive death for taking those who meant so much to us?
Words have been verbally split around us
So are words which are difficult to handle when caught up in the middle of life.
Some words happen to be taken lightly since they are fruits to the heart
Words such as “LOVE” have been able to be defined by dictionaries and poets
But yet I still wake up every day and ask myself why this burden couldn’t be defined in an understandable way.
As a child, I was told nothing lasts for ever
When I grew up, I was told family was all I had
Factual or as opinionated as it is
I have never thought I’d ever see death dance right in my yard.
As sad as I am right now
I do not know if it’s right or wrong
I wish someone would’ve told me never to rely in the galaxy I see in people’s eyes
Nor wish upon a star I hadn’t own.
Now with the help of this pen and paper,
I have been able to mourn you and express myself in this poetic way,
A sad song would have been better than expressing myself in writing, but I was out of tune when I had to sing together with the sparrows on your death bed
As much as I can feel these tears dripping down my chin filling this poem with the respect I had for you,
I have decided to go sit right under the sun where we used to laugh and cheer,
So I can be able to see these tears dry.
Death waits for no man, so is your journey to heaven,
Farewell old man.
#Dedicated to Diamond Motshana(Grandpa)
By: Ts Mashile

No comments:

Post a Comment