Friday 28 March 2014

The Truce



The Truce


Words I am about to erect in my mind are nothing but the truth
Since insecurities and undefined thoughts have took over our hearts I have nothing to spare but break this truce

What I feel now is nothing to be feared
But it’s far from what I have felt before
What her eyes release now bring no severe pain than that when I first met her

Thinking back in the days
I’d sit back there, stare deep in her eyes and try picture myself in her world
Right now I’d just look at her and watch every tear drop on this pretty note

Borrow me those eyes so I can make you understand how much I loved her

Back then I used to sit right in front of my laptop, consoling these fingers, typing every word that would make her world seem perfect
Yes I’d even wake up late at night, walk to that table and see if she is still crying
Now I’d just haste to bed without waiting for that senseless tear to dry

Look at me now
Lying back there thinking about all the memories we shared
Racing back in time in a train with no rail
Trying to stop on these speed bumps with no attempt of brakes
I came across the truce, “I Love you and I’ll never let you go…”
Looked right in my mirror once again trying to see her reflection in mine, And Yes I saw her…
Yes her…
DAMN…
Now I feel stupid, Who am I without my PEN.

By: TS Mashile

No comments:

Post a Comment