Friday 2 October 2015

Friendly Betrayal



I've seen friends set each other to the wolves,
Seen days dry out in the mist of our eyes,
Seen friends live off one's failure,
The agony of departed spirits cleansing evil thoughts,
The envy and hollowness of fatal hearts filled with lethal deeds,
Grudge of two silver stones flooded out in vain.

One's fate lies in the eyes of a warrior,
You were my warrior,
You were there when I needed you most;
Rattled the streets,
Settled the bills,
Fixed joints and knots on shallow streams,
Endowed jubilant memories on green pastures,
We were best friends back then,
My fate lied in your presentiments.

Tomorrow I might not perch on my bed’s edges,
For my enemies have set snares on every landscape,
Tomorrow might not be spectacular, 
For my eyes will be drenched in everyday sunsets.
Tomorrow I might not see the sky glitter,
For my mother’s tears will fill the clouds,
Her heart will fuse with the shaken wrath;
My fashioned home shall measure my stricken peace.

Today I leave,
My mother’s tears shall merge with the morning dew,
The sun shall dry out her sorrows,
Her heart shall abide in good memories;
For I’ll be gone but never forgotten;

The clouds shall be my new home now,
The zest shall be my kingdom,
The oozing sun shall be my freedom,
I shall look down on you,
Speak forgiveness within you,
For my Father speaks of nothing but love and peace.
Farewell my best friend,
Betrayal isn't the end of life.

By: Ts Mashile

No comments:

Post a Comment