Friday 2 October 2015

Twenty Eight (28)



We gazed at the moon as it reflected its kindness unto us,
Caressed nature's curves as it nurtured our love,
Burned out our hearts to fume our souls,
Harmonious sounds harnessed the galaxy in our eyes;
We traced our future on every tip of the stars,
Meticulously staged our horoscope,
Found peace through the empty skies.
We kissed on the twenty eighth day.

Our hearts reformed,
Found comfort in every heartbeat,
Cleared lethal fumes under eyelids,
Dismantled fine glass on trust issues,
Fashioned “hate” on transparent temples,
Enslaved our thoughts with distortion;
Our golden had left your silence,
We held unto nothing but hope,
We held unto nothing but twenty eight.

Sadly I'd be twenty eight,
You twenty four,
My waist will still be twenty eight,
Yours thirty four,
I'd have twenty four hours to live,
Spend the next seven-eight loving you,
I'd bring the garden to Eden,
Review my vows just to see you naked again;
If only you had been persistent enough,
If only you had stayed a little longer,
I'd have married you at twenty eight.

Now I sit here,
Proclaiming nothing but clear skies,
I sit here,
Taking collection of my hindered eternity and the taste of your love;
My moon has been left wounded,
Unpleasant sounds took over my galaxy,
Our future faded on isolated stars,
Zodiac salvaged my nightmares.

I'm twenty eight today,
Clear skies found joy again,
Nature grew curves before me,
Zodiac remembered my days,
Comet retraced lost planets;
My face is clearer now,
Goodness and mercy found me;
But what is the twenty eighth without you?

By: Ts Mashile



No comments:

Post a Comment