Monday 5 May 2014

Apology to the Page



Apology to the Page


Spaces between these lines are so wide to fit this curse inside,
Eyes within are so clear like my mistress,
 I could even see transparency through its landscape and lies.                                           

Its fragile look on ink seems so broken and tired,
Yet carry a thousand words with pride and hidden scars.
Its torment on ice seems prior to its age,
Yet it will smile and admire ink drowning to its place.

Lies and false prophesies would be scripted down with aim to tear each artificial organ apart,
While across this page, I sit there and watch poets in disguise recite melodies to its downfall;
But on its end, it flaps corners with invisible puppet strings pulled by the kind wind.

Truth is told, secrets windowed,
Through its misery of unfair justice from a rejected ink,
It would still lay flat to carry all your heartbreaks and burdens “YOU” the keeper infiltrate on it.

Now on this cold sunny morning,
I write this poetic apology to you my final page,
Entailed are promises I wish to keep and fair justice I seek to adjust.
I politely promise to be with you in sick and health,
Be there for you in rich inspiring words and poor,
For you are so young and impaired but yet experienced so much life lessons and heartbreaks than I your humble master has encountered. My apologies

By: Ts Mashile                         

No comments:

Post a Comment