Monday 5 May 2014

God Is a Poet



                                        God Is a Poet                    


God is a poet,
Fore he poetically scripted down the Ten Commandments as part of the basic instructions before leaving earth,
And yet written scriptures deep in my heart,
So these lips can speak life to sons and daughters of this soil;

He is my God, my creator,
For he has breathed life to every living soul with peace,
And yet was able to program every mindset to live according to his poetry;
I know this teary pen between my reddish thumb and fingers was not his creation,
But he created mankind, and yet commanded that for whatsoever his art touches or speaks upon be turned into his living testimony.

My God, my creator
For he is the same God whose son died and resurrected,
Walked on water and prevailed,
And yet I still see his children sitting in church confusing God’s miracles with black magic and shooting stars;

As I sat in that church,
And the church sang, “Sweet Jesus”
I hummed it quietly inside,
Because between these lines I sang poetry;

My God, our creator
He has set free words covered in his son’s blood,
So I the third son can elevate words which had long sunk deep in your souls,
Up to your mind and lips, so his art can be seen and heard by the lost sons and daughters of this fertile soil.
By: Ts Mashile





No comments:

Post a Comment