Monday 5 May 2014

Our Version of Events



Our Version of Events


As juvenile as I am today, I wish to be with you,
I know my love is novice, but I wish to grow every bit of it with you,
I might not promise you the world but I want you to be the spark that ignites this love I have for you,
With this beautiful flower I picked from my mother’s garden, I wish to name you Mbali,
Because I found no comparison to match how beautiful you are.

One day when we both matured,
Walking hand-in-hand down that isle,
I wish to see you smile,
Not because of the ring around your finger, but the promises I wish to keep.
I want us to suppress the moment of the kiss;
Wrap an invisible ring around your heart so you know it’s taken too
Shed a tear in front of our friends and family so they know you are my first, last, beginning and end.

When we old and the only noise we hear is our grandchildren’s,
I want us to stare in each other’s eyes with pride and laughter,
For this journey was never easy.
I want you to hold me tight and tell me I’ve been the man you’ve always dreamed of,
As we both cry during our old age laughter,
I want you to catch every tear I drop and remind me more of the teenage memories we shared.

As we wait for the promise of “Dear Painless Death”,
I want you to give me one last teenage kiss,
Because this is where our love ends.

By: Ts Mashile






No comments:

Post a Comment