Wednesday 3 June 2015

21 days of Activism

I lay a fake smile,
Every inch of good kills me inside,
Every imposed thought conflicts my sight,
I lost beauty in creativity,
Endless days have shredded my destiny.

Deceit to beloved crumbles down my thighs,
Ascension to hatred cripples up my neck,
Every limb of my body itch to detonate humanity,
Every atom of this being seeks to relieve stress in pain.
Every sin has led me to my father's past,
My mother's blemishes haunt me still;
I live that life now.

Men live to serve and protect,
And as the winter breeze dazzles through the streets,
Violence roams discretely in our homes.

Abusers role play in vain,
Toxic drops strain their veins;
These are the breadwinners,
Peace seekers,
Soul wreckers,
Lone rangers,

While women are;
The hidden pillars,
The peace makers,
The un-caged rib,
The contagious,
The strengtheners,
The antics,
The fulfilling image of men

Now,
When will the hand of men bow,
When will the left cheek fight back,
When will beauty stay un-tempered,
When will we rise against woman abuse,
When will us.

By: Ts Mashile

No comments:

Post a Comment