Wednesday 3 June 2015

Days Never End

I crawled to the shore this other day,
I wished the cremated remains of you could be revived back to life again,
I wished the scattered winter stricken leaves would linger with your scent still.

I sleep longing to bring promised treasures to life.
I lived,
Yesterday prompted tomorrow shall be all good,
Heart drenched in regrets, I still believed the future brought peace,
I still wished loose ends could puzzle up my mystery.

My sorrows are still not destined for any good,
Your faded presence has become my misery,
Your extinguished dreams have targeted my own,
Heaven has let open tragedy instead of guiding my ways,
Heavenly father's voice taunts thy ear lopes but his intentions I still project.

I find no comfort in your retaliating spirit,
You ought to protect me,
But your mother's cries still revive the unpleasant guilt in me.

I could have been there for you,
I should have been there,
I should have been there till the end of our days.

By: Ts Mashile

No comments:

Post a Comment